In the summer of 2013 we found the house of our dreams in the hamlet “Moulin de Bas”, in Vieil Arcy, France. The village is situated in the departments of Aisne in the region of Picardy on the border with the Champagne-Ardenne region giving you plenty of opportunities to enjoy the assets of both areas with their places of interest and cultural hertage and – if you wish- to explore the local history of World War l
Our delicious Belgian- French cuisine assures you a pleasant and delightful stay.
After a hearty and finger licking good breakfast you can enjoy following activities:
- Enjoyable walks in a beautiful wooded landscape (www. randonner.fr)
- Mountain biking up and downhill in the surrounding aera (www.vttpicard.com)
- Motorcycling on peaceful country roads (www.moto-trip.com)
- Angling in ponds and lakes nearby
- Striking a few shots on an extended 9 or 18 holes golf course www.golfdelailette.com
- Broadening your cultural experience in Reims, Laon, Soissons… see Wikipedia
-Pondering about the madness of a word war ( www.caverne-du-dragon.com) & (www.chemindesdames.fr)
- Tasting champagne at one of the local wine growers (www.champagnegregoiredesloge.fr) &(www.champagne-boulard-bauquaire.fr)
- Visiting center-parc, mainly when the weather is not so good and if you enjoy aquatic fun.
All the above can be enjoyed within a 30-km radius. At the end of the day, Anne will welcome you at her table d’hôte. She is an alumna of the Catering School Spermalie Bruges, Belgium and will serve you a succulent meal. Her husband Stefaan whose great passion is wine, will make sure the wines deliciously match the meal. We also serve good Belgian beers.
Dogs are allowed provided prior mentioning
The entire family looks forward to welcoming you at LA DIFFERENCE
Stefaan, Anne, their children and grand-daughter Lena